Tile Installation Chicago
Introducing Simple Flooring: Your Trusted Partner for Flawless Tile Installation in Chicago!
Are you ready to transform your space with exquisite tile installation? Look no further! Welcome to Simple Flooring – your premier destination for top-tier tile installation services in the heart of Chicago.
Elevate Your Space with Chicagoland’s Finest Tile Installation Services!
At Simple Flooring, we understand the power of elegant tilework to enhance the beauty and functionality of any room. Our team of skilled artisans is dedicated to bringing your vision to life with precision and craftsmanship that’s second to none.
Why Choose Simple Flooring for Your Tile Installation Needs?
Expertise: With years of experience in the flooring industry, our professionals have mastered the art of tile installation. We understand the nuances of different tile materials and techniques, ensuring a flawless result every time.
Tailored Solutions: Your space is unique, and your tile installation should reflect that. Our experts work closely with you to understand your design preferences and functional requirements, delivering tailor-made solutions that exceed your expectations.
Quality Assurance: We take immense pride in our commitment to quality. Each tile is placed with utmost care and attention to detail, ensuring a finished product that’s not only stunning but also built to withstand the test of time.
Wide Tile Selection: Whether you’re drawn to classic ceramic, luxurious marble, or trendy porcelain, we offer an extensive range of tile options to suit your style and budget. Our consultants are here to guide you through the selection process, making it an enjoyable and stress-free experience.
Transparent Process: No surprises here! We believe in transparent communication from start to finish. You’ll be kept in the loop throughout the installation process, and our team is always available to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Timely Delivery: We understand the importance of timelines. Our efficient workflow ensures that your tile installation project is completed within the agreed-upon timeframe, so you can start enjoying your revamped space sooner.
Get Started Today and Transform Your Space!
Ready to experience the magic of Simple Flooring’s tile installation services? It’s time to take the first step towards a more beautiful and functional space. Whether it’s your home, office, or commercial establishment, we’re here to turn your tile dreams into reality.
Don’t settle for ordinary – choose Simple Flooring for extraordinary tile installation in Chicago. Your space deserves nothing less than perfection, and we’re here to deliver. Let’s create something amazing together!
Ceramic tiles have quickly become one of the most popular types of materials used in a home but often times home owners don’t understand exactly what they are. Ceramic tiles are made up of sand, natural products, and clays and once it has been moulded into shape they are then fired in a kiln. On today’s market, there are hundreds of different designs of ceramic tiles with either mat or shiny finishes.
If you are considering changing your floors to ceramic tiles, it is important to consider the following advantages…
The Benefits of Ceramic Tile
- When choosing a flooring type for your home, it is important to consider whether it will be durable or not, especially if you have a kids or pets. Ceramic tiles have a much longer lifespan in comparison to other materials. Another benefit associated with the durability of ceramic tiles is that they are completely waterproof. If you are looking for flooring in wet areas, you may want to consider using ceramics as they are impervious.
- Alongside general durability, ceramic tiles are also known because of their ample amount of resistances. If you have been to a variety of different commercial areas, you know that ceramic tile is generally placed in high-traffic areas. With that being said, ceramics are far more resistant to tread wear in comparison to other flooring materials. Also, ceramics are virtually slip resistant once an abrasive glaze is added to the tiles.
- Flooring can be exposed to a numerous amount of materials ranging from chemicals to sunlight. With that being said, ceramic tiles that are constantly exposed to sunlight will not lose their color or begin to fade. Having color permanence in your flooring helps to ensure that they will remain in pristine condition for their entire lifetime.
In comparison to other flooring such as hardwood and carpet, cleaning ceramics is simple and can be completed by using an array of different cleaning products. With that being said, your floors will be able to be kept clean on a regular basis.
Taking Care of Your Porcelan & Ceramic Tile
Help keep your new laminate looking great by following all manufacturer recommendations. Cleaning and maintaining laminate flooring can be simple:
- Clean up loose debris: Sweep or vacuum your tile floors regularly to keep them from getting dull. Ceramic tiles may be resistant to dirt, but sand and grit can dull the glazed surfaces.
- Choose the right floor mop: Clean tile with mild detergent and clean water using a rag or chamois-type mop rather than a sponge mop. Rag and chamois-style mops are best for cleaning tile because sponge mops tend to push dirty water into the grout lines, making them harder to clean. Be sure to change the water frequently while mopping; dirty water equals a cloudy floor.
- Be on the look for tile stains: If you find a discoloration, try to determine what type substance made the stain and use the right cleaner to remove it; we can help with our guide to removing tile stains.
- Watch for soap residue: If your tiles look hazy even after cleaning, you might be dealing with soapy residue. Remove the film with a nonabrasive all-purpose cleaner. You could also try a homemade cleaner with mild acid—such as fresh lemon juice—on ceramic or porcelain tiles (but never on stone tiles).
- Dry tiles too: Don’t let your glazed tile floors air-dry—the sitting water will form water spots. Take care of that by drying the floor with a clean, lint-free cloth immediately after washing
Get it All Done in One Easy Appointment
Simple Flooring Company makes it easy to shop for porcelain and ceramic tiles. During our free estimates, our flooring professionals bring a wide selection of tile samples, so you have the flexibility to shop from home.
Don’t hesitate, Schedule a Free Estimate Today!
On average, basic tile installation can cost anywhere from $5 to $15 per square foot. This typically includes the labor, materials, and adhesive required for the installation. Keep in mind that this is a rough estimate and the actual cost can fluctuate based on the factors mentioned earlier.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the factors that can influence tile installation costs:
Type of Tile: Different types of tiles have varying costs. Ceramic tiles are generally more affordable compared to natural stone tiles like marble or granite.
Tile Size and Complexity: Larger tiles or tiles with intricate patterns can require more labor and skill, which can impact the cost.
Subfloor Preparation: If your subfloor needs significant preparation work before the tile can be installed, such as leveling or repairs, this can add to the overall cost.
Location: The cost of living and business expenses can affect labor rates, so the location of the installation plays a role.
Additional Materials: Grout, mortar, underlayment, and other materials required for the installation can contribute to the overall cost.
Removal of Existing Flooring: If you’re replacing existing flooring, there might be additional costs associated with removing the old flooring.
Labor Costs: Labor costs can vary depending on the experience and reputation of the flooring company or installer.
Design and Layout: Intricate designs or complex layouts can require more time and expertise, which can impact the cost.
Extras: Factors such as the need for waterproofing, sealing, and trim installation can add to the overall cost.
The process of tile installation can vary depending on factors such as the type of tile, the location of the installation, and the specific requirements of the project. Here is a general overview of the typical steps involved in the tile installation process:
- The first step is to prepare the surface where the tiles will be installed. This includes ensuring that the subfloor or existing surface is clean, level, and free from any debris or imperfections.
- If necessary, any repairs or adjustments to the subfloor may be made at this stage.
Measuring and Layout:
- Accurate measurements are taken to determine the layout of the tiles. This helps ensure that the tiles are placed symmetrically and that any cuts required at the edges of the installation area are minimal.
Applying Adhesive or Mortar:
- A layer of adhesive or mortar is applied to the prepared surface. The type of adhesive used can vary based on the type of tile being installed and the substrate it’s being applied to.
- The tiles are carefully placed onto the adhesive, following the layout plan. Spacers may be used between tiles to ensure consistent spacing for grout lines.
- Special attention is given to aligning the tiles properly and maintaining uniform gaps between them.
- At the edges of the installation area or around obstacles like corners, pipes, and outlets, tiles often need to be cut to fit. This is usually done using a tile cutter or a wet saw.
- Once the tiles are set and the adhesive has cured, grout is applied to the gaps between the tiles. Grout not only fills the gaps but also helps stabilize the tiles and prevents moisture from seeping in.
Cleaning and Sealing:
- After the grout has dried but before it fully sets, excess grout is carefully wiped away from the tile surfaces using a damp sponge.
- In some cases, a sealant may be applied to the grout lines and/or the tile surfaces to provide protection against stains and moisture.
- Any necessary trim pieces or edge treatments are installed to complete the look and ensure a polished appearance.
- If applicable, any fixtures or accessories are reattached or installed.
Curing and Drying:
- The adhesive and grout need time to fully cure and dry. This process can take several days, during which it’s important to avoid putting stress on the tiles.
- The installed tiles are inspected for quality and adherence to the design plan. Any touch-ups or adjustments are made if needed.
Remember, proper tile installation requires skill and experience. If you’re not confident in your abilities, it’s recommended to hire a professional tile installer to ensure a successful and long-lasting installation.