LUXURY VINYL FLOORING CHICAGO
Luxury Vinyl Tiles are 100% waterproof and offer exceptional durability, high resistance to scratching, stains, and easy maintenance.
Vinyl Tiles can be installed in any room of the home and often come in a stone or marble styles.
The luxury vinyl tiles floor is often installed in high moisture and high traffic areas like bathroom, kitchen, laundry and basement. They are often overlooked in favor for ceramic or porcelain tiles, however they have several advantages over ceramic or porcelain tiles and make a great bugdet-friendly flooring solution.
WHAT IS LUXURY VINYL TILE FLOORING?
Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT) have surged in popularity over recent years but what exactly are they? As the name suggests these tiles are made from a few layers of vinyl (not to be confused with the old linoleum) to mimic a specific design like stone or wood. They come in different sizes and can have different processes. The most common sizes of LVT are 12″x24″ , 16″x16, 24″ x 24″. From realistic porcelain, marble and ceramic alternatives, on today’s market, there’s a style for everyone.
SPC Vinyl Tiles have a soft backing layer makes it pleasant underfoot, without the rigid feel of tile. While optional grout and textures can add character, this floor feels smooth through and through.
The backing layer helps keep spills on the surface for easy cleanup. The soft, warm surface means you can have a tile look in a room you might not have wanted it. Cold, stone tile in a bathroom isn’t always ideal. With vinyl tile, you don’t have to hesitate to go barefoot.
Vinyl tiles offer an amazing value compared to traditional porcelain or ceramic and is great for rooms with higher moisture levels. Vinyl tile has multiple surface layers that keep scratches from pets, standing liquids, and even mildew. An antimicrobial film makes it difficult for bacteria and mold to form on this floor.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF VINYL TILE FLOORING IN CHICAGO
- Vinyl Tile flooring is 100% waterproof, durable and stands up well to heavy foot traffic.
- It is comfortable under foot and reduces noise, which can be important for owners with kids or pets.
- LVT remain at the room temperature and will not feel cold to the touch compared to ceramics.
- Vinyl Tiles are also less expensive than many other flooring options.
- Vinyl flooring comes in a broad range of styles and patterns to match every decor, including a variety of lifelike wood grains.
- On the other hand, vinyl floors do not stand up well to heat and should not be installed over heated floor systems.
- Also, some vinyl products can fade with exposure to too much direct sunlight. For that reason, vinyl is not recommended for outdoor uses.
LUXURY VINYL FLOORING TILE PRICES IN CHICAGO
Luxury vinyl tile flooring is considered a somewhat affordable tile solution. Most LVT products are priced between $2.99 and $4.99 per sqft. for product. These are somewhat comparable in price to porcelain tiles, however, they are less labor-intensive so you will save time and money on the installation. For product and labor you can budget anywhere from $5.99 to $7.99 per sqft. Obviously, each project is a bit different so these numbers should serve you as a general guide.
HOW TO CARE FOR VINYL TILE FLOORING?
Sometimes beauty requires more maintenance than it’s worth. That’s not the case with vinyl tile flooring. Keep your new vinyl tiles looking great by following all manufacturer recommendations. Cleaning vinyl tiles is very simple:
- Sweep up spills, crumbs, dust, and dirt into piles. Use a vacuum without beater bars or mechanisms which could scuff your floor.
- If mopping up a mess, avoid using harsh chemicals. Consult manufacturer recommendations for your specific product if you’re unsure. A mixture of water and mild soap can work wonders for most vinyl flooring.
- Vinyl is really versatile, but not invincible. Avoid buffing machines, steel wool, scouring powder, and steam mops.