WATER DAMAGE & WATER MITIGATION
Water damage is a major concern both for homeowners and businesses. Flooding, busted plumbing, and malfunctioning appliances are some of the potential causes. Whatever the cause might be, repairing water damage can be expensive and time-consuming. In order to minimize the harm, action must be taken as quickly as possible. It is critical to have a plan in place for water mitigation and act fast.
WATER DAMAGE ACTION PLAN
A simple and well-structured action plan will ensure that the water damage is minimized as much as possible. The first 48 hrs are some of the most important. If water mitigation doesn’t happen during this time, there is a high chance of mold formation.
- First Things First: Locate the source of the water damage and try to stop it. This might include shutting off the main water supply on your property.
- Clean Up: Try to get rid of as much water as you’re able to, utilizing any equipment available, like wet-dry vacuums, mops, and buckets. This can aid in preventing future harm and facilitate drying out the damaged areas.
- Call a Professional: If the damaged area is more than a couple of feet, you should contact a professional right away. A professional in water mitigation will respond quickly to minimize the damage and prevent further harm to your home.
- Assess the damage, record it, and contact your insurance company to file a claim. Depending on your insurance policy, the type and severity of the water damage, your insurance company might cover your loss. Simple Flooring has a certified Public Adjuster that can advise on this process to ensure you are reimbursed as per your policy.
CONTACT SIMPLE FLOORING FOR WATER MITIGATION
The main reasons to contact a local water mitigation company:
Quick Response: As mentioned, water damage can spread quickly and cause lots of damage. Simple Flooring performs water mitigation services in a radius of over 20 miles from Elk Grove Village, IL, and as needed can over within 24hrs. Call 847-777-4999 to speak to a specialist.
Experience and Expertise: During over 10 years of hands-on experience, we have seen so many different cases and we know exactly how determine the best course of action for every situation. Taking the appropriate steps to mitigate the damage is key.
Advanced Equipment: Commercial dehumidifiers, fans, and moisture meters, are some of the costly equipment that we use to dry out your home quickly and effectively.
Safety: Water damage can pose significant safety risks, such as electrical hazards and mold growth. Our specialists have the necessary training and equipment to safely address these hazards and ensure your home is safe to live.
Insurance Assistance: Water damage can be a complex and stressful process to navigate, especially when dealing with insurance claims. Our Public Adjuster professional can work with your insurance company to ensure that your claim is handled properly and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Handling Repairs & Flooring Installation: As a full-service flooring company, Simple Flooring will supply, repair and install your subfloor and the flooring covering itself, as well as can advise on solutions for other damaged areas.
THE IMPORTANCE OF REMOVING & REPLACING WATER DAMAGED WOOD
The structural integrity of a building can be significantly damaged by water damage. The wood is one of the most frequently impacted materials. It’s critical to replace any harmed hardwood, subfloor and drywall as soon as possible if water damage has affected them.
The main the reasons for why it’s necessary to replace water-damaged wood include:
- Prevent Additional Damage: Wood that was previously exposed to water can deteriorate and decay over time, causing structural issues and even raising the risk of collapse. It will be possible to stop further degradation and guarantee the stability and safety of your property by replacing the damaged wood.
- Eliminate Health Risks: Mold and mildew can cause major health issues, especially for people who have allergies or respiratory conditions, and water-damaged wood can attract their growth.
- Prevent Insurance Difficulties: If you put off replacing wood that has been damaged by water, your insurance provider can reject your claim or offer only limited coverage as a result of your inexperience in stopping future damage.
- Better Aesthetics: Water damage will leave unsightly stains, discoloration, and warping, which can decrease a property’s beauty and value. Imagine trying to sell your home and the potential seller sees the stains left by the water damage. Hardwood floor will have multiple dark spots and there isn’t a quick fix for that.
FROM CLEAN TO BLACK: THE TYPES OF WATER YOU NEED TO KNOW
Not all water is equal when it comes to water damage. It’s important to know how the three kinds of water that can damage your home. It can be easier to take the proper action and stop future harm if you are aware of the sort of water that is there.
- Clean Water: The least dangerous, clean water is typically caused by a burst pipe or an overflowing sink. There are no substantial health dangers associated with this type of water, making it safe to handle. However, leaving it unchecked could potentially result in extensive damage to your property.
- Grey Water: Grey water is used water that doesn’t have any bodily fluids in it. Usually, a dishwasher or washing machine that isn’t working will produce this kind of water. Grey water may include substances and microorganisms that, in contact with the skin, could be harmful.
- Black Water: The most dangerous kind of water, black water is usually brought on by sewage backups or flooding from natural disasters. This water is contaminated with bacteria, body fluids, and other harmful particles that are extremely dangerous to human health.
A qualified water damage restoration company should be contacted right away to black water.